Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sewing Part II

I took an intermediate sewing class the semester after I took my beginning sewing class. I didn't learn very much more about sewing, but I learned a lot about pattern alterations, and my teacher was a whiz at fixing our silly mistakes. I really learned how to make clothes that I like. Believe it or not, though, I would have had a 4.0 that semester (including 3 engineering classes) if it weren't for my sewing class. I got an A-.

The first project in that class was a hoodie. My plan was to make a long, thin  hoodie in monotone grey. I couldn't find the same color grey for the main part and the wrists/bottom, so I had two different colors. My teacher had free zippers, but only in black. And then some bias tape on the inside is white. I'm rockin all shades of black/white/gray today. (also, the pattern was just a BYU pattern that we had to copy, so I never purchased anything)

I made it a smidgen too long, but I still love it.

The second project was a little girl's dress. The project I looked the least forward to because I had nobody to give the dress to. It was a waste of time and money, although I learned how to make a peter pan collar. And sew itty bitty sleeves.




The last project was a men's button up shirt, with a yoke and two-piece collar and cuffs and everything. Legit. I spent so long making adjustments to this shirt so it would fit just right, but then I made a mistake and the chest a too tight for David, but he still loves it.



And that concludes my intermediate sewing class projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment