Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sewing Stuff

Once I took my college sewing class, I began to sew EVERYTHING. I don't even like sewing. I just like what I end up with. It started with all my class projects. The very first item of clothing I sewed all on my own was a pair of pajama pants. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of them because they were ugly and I used the flannel to make a rice pack instead. But here is the pattern we used anyways.



Then I made this skirt that looks awful on me:


At this time it was half way through Fall Semester and I took it upon myself to sew my own Halloween costume. I had bought the pattern months in advance thinking that the sewing class would have taught me enough to follow the pattern. 

I was wrong.

I used a lot of google to help me out on this one, but I turned out amazing! Maybe my favorite couple costume to date.
I can't for the life of me remember the website I bought the pattern from. The sailor hat/outfit/nurse had were all bought on ebay.




Next in my sewing class we had to sew a button up shirt. I had a major crisis during construction where it came nowhere close to fitting me on the shoulders. I was able to adjust it enough, but it is still snug. And too short for my liking. But I like to wear it with slacks for things like career fairs.



The final project for my sewing class was a dress. I knew exactly what kind of dress I wanted, but couldn't find a pattern for it (until later), so I chose the next best thing. I think the dress is cute. It makes me look like a 50's house wife. It just isn't my style. 



Besides the nurse costume, I really don't love any of my projects from that class, but it sure did teach me 500 things about sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment