Monday, June 15, 2015

Christmas Ornament Cross Stitch

My mother-in-law's Christmas tree is covered in homemade ornaments and she really wanted me to make one to go on it. She knows I cross stitch, so I went on Etsy in search of a Christmas themed 3" hoop I could copy. I narrowed in down to 3-4 designs, then let my mother-in-law pick her favorite. 

I started by finding the center of the 14 squares/inch Aida fabric.



I already had light blue embroidery floss on hand, so I began with the top left corner of the snowflake. And then I ran out of floss and had to go get more. I tried to match the color, but the rest of the snowflake is a slightly darker blue.





 I glued the excess fabric to the inside of the hoop so it doesn't get in the way.






And then I tied some twine around the hoop fastener for hanging purposes.


She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment